We offer full 24/7 onsite and Offsite IT Support
Think better cost, performance and high availability for your business with an investment in our services.
- IT Support
- Email Systems
- Proxy Security and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware
- Business Continuity Services – Backup, Replication, High Availability, Disaster Recovery
- Hardware & Software Sales
- Cloud Adoption for Business
- Platform Migrations
- Hardware & Software Technology Upgrades
- Planning & Implementation
- GDPR Strategy & Compliance
- Business Transformation Advice
- Project Assistance
All Cloud infrastructures make systems easier to monitor and manage.Traditional infrastructure stacks look to technical means to mitigate risk- Cloud First mitigates risk by contractual means.
A proper Cloud strategy should provide a framework for new projects and allow the migration of suitable systems to the cloud, extending the lifecycle of software and applications with the latest technologies.
Business can develop future applications without the need to purchase or invest capital, or provide and manage the computing infrastructure required to run them.
This means a successful project outcome without the costs of hardware management and hardware ownership to achieve operational costs expenditure for future Infrastructure, platforms, software, Big data, Internet of Things and site recovery cloud models.
Cloud First is a safe and secure, future proof strategy developed for all business solutions across private, hybrid and public infrastructure for business data.
As a dedicated company, you want to the ensure best possible value from the Cloud from a technical and financial aspect.
You want to gain the best Infrastructure services for cloud (data-center) and on-premises architecture.
IT Business Essentials:
- A Cloud Business Strategy for your Business
- An Azure/AWS/Oracle Cloud Taxonomy for better adoption and transition
- Business Continuity Services – High Availability, Replication, DR and Secure Backup
- Proper governance model for Cloud adoption with processes and procedures designed to ensure best use of all resources
- Regular audit of on-premise licences ensuring appropriate used and costing
- Plan using strategic costing for cloud options versus on-premises options for Enterprise Applications, Development/Test/Op’s environment providing money‘saving options.
- Cloud Life-cycle Management accelerating the delivery of cloud services in response to business needs
- Cloud Security assessment for independent assessments on your cloud adoption/setup – security, performance, leaks…
- Asset Management for greater control over new purchases and harvesting
- GDPR : GDPR compliance modelling and implementation services
Cloud First architecture incorporates:
…and all associated technologies such as Big Data, IoT spread across these models.
Some providers offer Co-location. Many customers have needs that require a small amount of supplemental co-location in conjunction with their cloud, most frequently for a large-scale database, but sometimes for specialized network equipment, and software that cannot be licensed on virtualized servers, or legacy equipment. Co-location is specifically mentioned only when a service provider actively sells co-location as a stand-alone service. It is possible to plan a move into co-location and then gradually migrate into that provider’s IaaS offering. Co-location can mean our hardware located in a public cloud service provider or a cloud service provider hardware located within our infrastructure.
The greatest cost reduction can be attained using the SaaS model over on IaaS or PaaS as number of users increase, or PaaS over Iaas as the number of platforms increase. Also shown later in the business case “Costing” IaaS is preferred over On-premises for many project types.
The goal of cloud lifecycle management is to address and manage the dynamic nature of the IT environment; use a management solution to deliver flexible, customizable cloud services while maintaining a structured, controlled and dynamic IT environment.
Cloud lifecycle management solution should include:
Accelerating the delivery of cloud services in response to business needs
Automating provisioning and workflows, both for speed and cost savings
Enabling project managers to request flexible configurable cloud services for their specific use cases
Supporting the use of public cloud infrastructures to augment internal resources
Maximizing resource utilization by ensuring unused cloud services are reclaimed (Service retirement and resource reclamation)
Initial decisions around cloud lifecycle management will help lay the foundation for the technology decisions going forward – ensuring that the environment is flexible enough to address anticipated areas of growth in the future.
Key decommissioning functionality to include:
Schedule -provisioning, the decommissioning of a cloud service
Decommission each service according to a schedule, with the appropriate notification to its owner.
Can we extend that service, or terminate it early?
Cloud Auditing Services:
Cloud First Company provide independent assessments on your cloud setup and point out to the security vulnerabilities, data leaks and performance issues.
There are 5 major types of audits we perform:
Data security audit:
Making sure that your enterprise data and those of your customers are protected (this will involve an agreed auditing strategy with the Cloud Service Provider to possibly include CSP data centre).
Regulatory compliance audit:
These are audits that make sure your cloud installation satisfies all the major regulations.
Performance and Reliability audit:
This audit measures how good is your setup for various performance tests. These could include stress testing and manual testing to find out bottlenecks.
DR/BC (Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity) Audit:
This finds out how fast you can recover from disasters and how much of the data can you salvage.
ROI (Return on Investment) audit:
This checks the business justifications of the cloud setup and make sure it makes accounting sense.
Asset Management Services
- IT asset management (also called IT inventory management)
- Gathering detailed hardware and software inventory information
- Dictate hardware and software purchases and redistribution.
- Saves time and money by avoiding unnecessary asset purchases
- Promoting the harvesting of existing resources.
- Minimize the incremental risks and related costs of advancing IT portfolio infrastructure projects based on old, incomplete and/or less accurate information.
- Deliver best-cost, secure and high-performance cloud architecture for business technology solutions
- Supply & Implement leading hardware and software technology solutions cost effectively
- Develop procedures to allow the migrations of technology systems
- Develop best site recovery/business continuity practises to include backup, replication, high availability, disaster recovery of all critical systems.
- Ensure manageable data compliance with latest Industry regulations and industry standards across all Infrastructure